Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hinduism Wealth/Success and Liberation Songs

Songs that go with Wealth/ Success:




Peter Gabriel, "Big Time", Art Rock, 1986
Sex Pistols, "EMI", Punk Rock, 1977
Peter Gabriel, "The Barry Williams Show", Art Rock, 2002
Elvis Costello, "National Ransom", Americana, 2010
Elvis Costello, "Dr. Watson, I Presume", Americana, 2010


Songs that go with Liberation:


Peter Gabriel, "My Body Is A Cage", Symphonic Rock, 2010 (Originally by Arcade Fire) (I know this video sucks, but the song is amazing)
Elvis Costello, "Hidden Shame", Americana, 2009
Joeseph Arthur, "You Are Free", Alternative Rock, 2006
XTC, "Ball and Chain", New Wave, 1982
Neutral Milk Hotel, "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" Indie Rock, 1998

1 comment:

  1. I agree that many people seek money, power, and fame is their lifetime. I can personally say it has become an important component of the American Dream as time has passed on. I also agree with you that Liberation was not to hard to find in that not everyone has the same meaning of liberation some of the smallest things could make a person happy and with that happiness comes liberation. One song that I chose for Liberation India Aries's "It's the Little Things" is a perfect example. Not everyone has to have money, be controlling, and be well know to enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete